How to Detox Your Skin
Weather changes, pollution, chemicals found in cosmetics your skin is exposed to a multitude of damaging environmental elements each and every day. As well as this, your dermis is also a reflection of your lifestyle habits: the foods you eat, the amount of physical activity you partake in, your smoking status and also your vices. If you overeat sugar, smoke or drink heavily, your skin will be the first to reflect this. Caring for and protecting your skin is important, as is giving it the opportunity to eliminate toxins, to leave it looking beautiful and healthy.
Steps to follow
- Performing aerobic exercise of medium or high intensity like running, step-ups, spinning or power walking. This will also improve overall health and physical appearance.
- To detoxify the skin and keep it beautiful and healthy, diet is important. Some foods may affect the appearance of our skin; try to reduce your intake of sugar, sweets, junk food, and fried foods and follow a balanced diet including plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Exfoliating the skin weekly helps to dramatically improve its appearance, leaving it softer and radiant.
- It removes dead skin cells that accumulate in the dermis and which make skin look dull and lifeless. Including this procedure in your beauty routine is simple and produces excellent results.
Have a detoxifying bath
- Salts and vinegar bath: To a bath of hot water, add a cup of bath salts and apple cider vinegar. Get in the bath and relax for at least 15 minutes to improve circulation, reduce inflammation and eliminate toxins.
- Chamomile and rosemary bath: To 2 liters of boiling water, pour two tablespoons of chamomile and two of rosemary, boil for 2 minutes, take off the heat and let infuse for at least 10 minutes. Add this mixture to a bath of hot water, along with a few drops of tea tree oil for added detoxifying benefits. If you don’t have a bath, pour the liquid over you at the end of your shower.
Lastly, if you want to prevent your skin from accumulating toxins, you should:
- Avoid smoking
- Control alcohol intake
- Consume caffeinated foods and drinks in moderation.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
- Rest well and you avoid all-nighters