Top 3 Benefits of Flossing your Teeth
Preventative Oral Care
Millions of bacteria and other germs can be found in your oral cavity. No matter how well you look after your teeth, there is always that danger of bacteria and microorganisms getting trapped in between your teeth, particularly if you do not look after them by watching your diet and practicing proper oral care hygiene habits like brushing and flossing.
Prevents Tartar Build-Up
- It doesn’t take long for plaque to accumulate on your teeth.
- When plaque is left unremoved, it can harden into tartar.
- Daily flossing will help to remove plaque from between your teeth and prevent tartar formation at the gum line.
Prevents Bad Breath
- Food debris trapped in between teeth and in the gum line may contain bacteria that cause an unpleasant odor.
- Daily flossing can help to remove the smelly odor from your mouth while keeping your breath fresh and teeth free from unsightly food particles.
More Effective than Brushing Alone
- Brushing and flossing work in unison to preserve your dental well-being.
- If you only brush your teeth but do not floss, it is akin to washing the outside of your drinking glass but neglecting the inside walls.
- In fact, up to 35% of your teeth’s surfaces remain uncleaned when you only brush and neglect to floss, That’s because the bristles of your toothbrush can only reach so far.
- dental floss is able to effectively dislodge food and bacteria that gets trapped in the tight spaces between your teeth and gums.
Regular flossing also disrupts the bacteria from turning into plaque, which is a sticky coating of a yellowish substance that stains and damages your teeth over time. Together, daily brushing and flossing form the bedrock of at-home preventative oral care.
Kindly click here to get your floss